The skewers of light sandwiches are a perfect original recipe for a light lunch: quick to prepare, are very nutritious and tasty, ideal for a buffet dinner between friends along with other finger food and light starters.
These canapé skewers are also excellent to take to the beach or the pool, to have a balanced but light meal, even on a diet.
Nutritional properties of the skewers of light sandwiches
The skewers of light sandwiches, in addition to being tasty and practical to prepare, are also rich in nutrients that are very important for the body.
They are prepared with white bread, a source of carbohydrates , while the protein source is represented by bresaola, tuna and avocado.
- The bresaola provides animal protein, especially during low-calorie diets, it is preferable to other meats because it is very thin. It is also a good source of iron and minerals .
- In addition to high quality proteins, tuna contains the very precious omega 3 , polyunsaturated fatty acids beneficial for cardiovascular health and useful for reducing inflammatory states.
- Among the ingredients of these delicious appetizer skewers is avocado . This fruit contains many vitamins and carotenoids, useful for eye health and to counteract free radicals. It is quite caloric (231 calories per 100 g), so on a diet it is good to eat it in moderation, but it is also very rich in health benefits: in addition to omega 3 fats , which protect the heart and reduce cholesterol, it provides a lot of potassium ( 260 mg per 100 g), which makes it a fruit useful for regulating pressure, keeping cramps away and fighting fatigue.
- Tomatoes and rocket , which complete the filling, provide a lot of water, fiber and antioxidants such as vitamin C and lycopene, which counteract the negative action of free radicals and have an anti-aging effect.
Accompany the skewers with a fresh sauce of Greek yogurt , a source of protein and calcium.
Skewers of light sandwiches
Find out how to prepare skewers of light sandwiches
Portions 6 skewers
Calories per Person 225
Total Calories 1350
Ingredients for six skewers
- 250 g sandwich bread
- 200 g Cherry tomatoes
- 80 g pitted black olives
- 20 g rocket salad
- 1/4 avocado
- 50 g breasola
- 50 g drained tuna in oil
For the yogurt sauce
- 100 g low-fat Greek yogurt
- chives to taste
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
Wash the tomatoes and cut them into small pieces, peel the avocado and cut it into cubes, coarsely chop the pitted black olives, do the same with the rocket. Drain the tuna thoroughly and cut the bresaola into small pieces.
Make the yogurt sauce: Mix the yogurt, finely chopped chives, salt and oil.
Overlap the 5 slices of sandwich bread, cut the rectangles in half, so that you get 10 smaller rectangles. Then start preparing the skewers of bresaola sandwiches: take 5 rectangles of bread and brush the first rectangle of bread with yogurt sauce.
Cover with a layer of cherry tomatoes, then overlap the second rectangle of bread and spread it again with yogurt sauce.
Continue by covering the bread with a layer of avocado.
Then overlap another layer of bread, spread it with yogurt and cover with chopped olives.
Overlap the fourth slice of bread, spread it with sauce and cover with bresaola cut into small pieces,
Finally add the last slice of bread, the fifth, and press gently with your hands to make the different layers adhere. Cut the “tower” of skewers first into three parts, then into 6 and then form 3 skewers.
Insert each toothpick with a piece of “tower”, add an olive, a second piece of “tower” and finally a tomato.
Repeat the operation and now prepare some skewers of tuna sandwiches: brush the first rectangle of bread with yogurt sauce, cover with a layer of rocket, then overlap the second rectangle of bread, spread it again with yogurt sauce and cover with one tomato layer.
Continue by overlapping another layer of bread, spread it with yogurt and cover with the tuna.
Overlap the fourth slice of bread, spread it with sauce and cover with black olives, finally add the last slice of bread, the fifth and gently mash with your hands to make the different layers adhere.
As previously done, cut the “tower” of skewers first into three parts, then into 6, then form 3 skewers: skewer each toothpick with a piece of “tower”, add an olive, a second piece of “tower” and finally a cherry tomato.
Place in the refrigerator just before serving.