If you don’t know how to fill sponge cake, sponge cake with yogurt and strawberry cream is a light cake that you can easily make at home, following our instructions step by step. To prepare it you can use our light sponge cake recipe and amaze your guests with the beautiful and tasty filling.
Thanks to strawberries and yogurt , in addition, you will be full of vitamins, proteins and probiotics , without fear for the line: they are both ingredients with few calories, but rich in precious nutrients.
Remember that a light dessert is granted, as a delicious exception, even on a diet.
Sponge cake with yogurt cream and strawberries: nutritional properties
In addition to the basic ingredients of the sponge cake, in the recipe you will find several foods rich in important nutritional properties. Let’s see what they are.
- We start from Greek yogurt , a low-fat protein source that guarantees a high intake of calcium , which is essential for bone health. In addition, the live lactic ferments it contains ensure good bowel and colon function . According to several studies, regular consumption of yogurt would also reduce cardiovascular risk . The greek yogurt , in particular, brings proteins in larger quantities than the conventional yogurt: 6.4 g per 100 g against 3.8 g per 100 g of whole milk yogurt.
- The strawberries are rich in vitamin C , a valuable vitamin for strengthening the immune system also plays an antioxidant . Among the antioxidants, they also contain many phenolic compounds , such as flavonoids and anthocyanins, important for fighting aging and cellular oxidation . But they also bring mineral salts such as potassium, iodine, phosphorus and manganese.
- The Robiola is a fresh soft cheese, which provides a good proportion of body minerals, especially calcium , useful for the health of bones and teeth. It has a moderate calorie content ( 338 calories per 100 grams ), but, consumed in limited quantities, it is a healthy protein source that you can also bring to the table on a diet.
The sponge cake recipe with yogurt and strawberry cream
Sponge cake with yogurt cream and strawberries
Preparation time 35 minutes
Cooking time 20 minutes
Portions 12 people
Calories per Person 185 / Total calories 2230
- 1 light sponge cake
- 300 g very cold low-fat Greek yogurt
- 200 g very cold robiola
- 50 g icing sugar
- 300 g strawberries
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
If necessary, drain the yogurt in a colander lined with a clean gauze, so that its serum is eliminated and is well compacted.
Place yogurt and robiola in a bowl, add the icing sugar and half a teaspoon of vanilla essence, mix quickly with a whisk to obtain a frothy mixture, store in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
Cut 200 g of strawberries into small pieces (instead leave them whole, whole), place them in a bowl and confiscate them with lemon juice and a spoonful of sugar, let them macerate for half an hour, stirring occasionally. Drain the strawberries from the liquid, add about 200 ml of water to the filtered strawberry and lemon juice, you will need it to make the cake wet.
Divide the sponge cake into two equal disks. Assemble the cake: brush the first sponge cake disc with the strawberry and lemon dip, cover with a few spoonfuls of yogurt cream and sprinkle with the strawberries, lay the other layer of sponge cake on top, brush it again with the dip , then cover it with the remaining yogurt cream, trying to cover the edges of the cake too. For a “naked cake” effect, do not completely cover the sponge cake with cream, but leave a few pieces “naked”.
Refrigerate for at least two hours.
Before serving, cut the strawberries kept into slices and use them to decorate the cake
External Link: Sponge Cake